Plougmann Vingtoft’s attorneys can help you utilize your patents strategically, which helps you increase your business opportunities as well as your competitive power.
Obtaining a patent is not just about having your product and technology protected from copyists. Through strategic patent consulting, we can help you turn your patent into an investment that creates operational, tactic and business related advantages.
At Plougmann Vingtoft we work with a ‘best man for the job’ mindset. Our attorneys are divided into industry-specific teams, which means that you will be connected to an attorney who has comprehensive knowledge in your area of technology.
Do you want to know more about strategic patent consulting, and what difference it can make for your business? Contact us today for a non-committal talk with one of our attorneys. Naturally, we will treat your inquiry and your case confidentially.
- Talk to a patent attorney who is an expert in your area of industry.
- Hear how we can help you with a strategic analysis of the business potential of your idea, product or technology.
- Hear how we can assist you in drafting a patent application, which opens the door to new or better business opportunities and increases your competitive power.
If you want to learn more about how we work with strategic patent consulting, just continue reading this page.
Examples of the services we provide
- We discuss your idea, product or technology and its business potential. Then we lay out a strategy for how to achieve the best possible protection by means of intellectual property rights (e.g. patents, designs and/or trademarks).
- We carry out a novelty examination and a strategic analysis of the business potential of your idea, product or technology.
- We examine whether you risk being blocked by existing patent rights (i.e. whether you have the so-called “freedom to operate”) if you choose to proceed with your idea, product or technology.
- We draft your patent application in a way that gives you the best business opportunities both now and in the future.
- We file your patent application and take care of the casework with authorities in all countries in which you want to issue the patent.
- We prepare surveillance of competitors and/or specific competitive technologies.
Strategic patent consultancy based on unique business understanding
Most of Plougmann Vingtoft’s experts are European Patent Attorneys and have a ‘state-of-the-art’ technical and legal knowledge within their specific area of work. Therefore, we can become acquainted with your company’s technologies and products very quickly.
Our patent attorneys have a good overview of the market and they will focus on your business goals. Our strategic consultancy aims at helping you utilize your patents to strengthen and increase your company’s market value.
Our two main industries
- Life Science and Chemistry, which is led by
- Technology & Software, which is led by (Copenhagen) and (Aarhus).
Oppositions, infringement and legal proceedings
Our strong ‘Opposition and Litigation’ team consisting of, and instructs and conducts litigation in all technical areas.
We represent small, medium-sized and multinational companies before the European Patent Office as well as the national courts. Even in cases that are technically or legally complex, our experience makes it possible for us to create an overview and lay out an efficient strategy for your intellectual property rights.
Re-establishment of rights
If you unintendedly lost a patent right in Denmark or Europe, we have a team of European Patent Attorneys with particular expertise in recovery cases, and we can help you re-establish your rights. Our patent attorneys in this field are, and .
For more information about our services in patent consultancy, please feel free to contact one of our qualified.